PANAM SPORTS OPENS REGISTRATION FOR SPORTS ADMINISTRATION CERTIFICATE
Don’t miss your chance to register for the 204-hour, one-year online course that begins on March 13 with outstanding educators in the sports field.
Panam Sports President Neven Ilic said “it’s a dream come true” to offer this course that aims to train sports leaders and senior management positions throughout the continent.
MEXICO CITY (February 24, 2023) — After several months of work, the Sports Administration Certificate organized by Panam Sports and IOC Olympic Solidarity is finally a reality. The world-class educational program will feature renowned professors and seeks to improve the development of sports management professionals who work in the National Olympic Committees, Pan American Confederations and National Sports Federations throughout the Americas.
The online course will be offered in Spanish and will begin on March 13 and end on March 8, 2024. The course will consist of 204 hours and four to six (4-6) hours per week. It is organized and supported by the Panam Sports Academy and International Olympic Solidarity.
“The truth is that this is a dream come true for Panam Sports. Being able to have our own educational course with the help of Olympic Solidarity fills us with pride. I believe that it is an obligation of every Organization to train and provide the necessary tools to their employees so that their development is also reflected in the development of sport throughout the region,” said Panam Sports President Neven Ilic.
“This is our first Sports Administration Certificate of many that we want to do in the future. We are helping those who want to participate with a significant subsidy for the cost of this course, so we hope that many people participate,” added Ilic.
Among the pillars and guidelines of this Certificate are: Efficient Management and use of resources; Best Practices for sports development; and the Innovation and consolidation of your brand through marketing.
Registration is now open. Anyone interested in participating must provide answers to the questions below. The course is only offered in Spanish at this time. No translation into English or other languages is available.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
People who are part of the senior management of the sports organizations of the American continent who are proposed by the National Olympic Committees (NOCs), the Pan American Sports Confederations and the National Sports Federations, and who meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold positions of President, Secretary General or Member of the Board of Directors of the organization;
- General managers, technical managers, administrative managers or other positions with decisive power within the organization;
- Graduates of the Advanced Courses in Sports Management certified by Olympic Solidarity;
- People who have graduated from Sports Administration Courses (base level) certified by Olympic Solidarity
Duration: One year – 204 hours distributed at a rate of 4 to 6 hours per week.
Method: Online education
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. E.T. (Miami); Monday and Friday every three weeks, from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. E.T. (Miami)
Teaching staff: Internationally recognized Professors who are specialized in the subject of reference with extensive experience in the sports field.
Platform: Panam Sports Academy, hosted on the Panam Sports website – https://www.panamsports.org and on the Academy’s mobile application.
Facilities: Sessions will be recorded and published to watch on the Panam Sports Channel – https://www.panamsportschannel.org
PROGRAM AND CONTENT:
The course will take place from March 13, 2023 to March 8, 2024 according to the following schedule.
Efficient management, use of resources
- Sports governance: March 13 to 31
- Resource Management: April 10-28
- Strategic planning and risk management in sports organizations: May 8 to 26
- Safe sport and anti-doping: May 29 to June 16
Best Practices for Sports Development
- Organized Sports: July 10 to 28
- Policies, procedures and practices of the Federated Sports System and sports affiliation: July 31 to August 18
- Training and updating of coaches, judges and officials: August 21 to September 8
- Organization of sporting events: September 11 to 29
Innovation, consolidation of your brand through marketing
- Communication and information management: October 2 to 20
- Marketing and entrepreneurship in sports: November 6 to 24
- The digital organization: November 27 to December 15
- Volunteer management and planning: January 8 to 26, 2024
CRITERIA FOR CERTIFICATION:
Participants must pass the exams for each of the 12 themes as well as the course project requirement with a score of at least 80%.
The certification costs $2000 USD, but each participant will only pay $300 USD with Panam Sports subsidizing the remaining cost of the program.
To register applicants, the NOCs and the Pan American Sports Confederations must fill out the Application Form, with the information detailed below, for each of their proposals. National Sports Federations must coordinate with their National Olympic Committee so that the NOC sends the applications of their candidates.
- Name of the applying Organization
- Names and surnames of the proposed participant
- Position held by the participant in the Organization
- Names and surnames of the person endorsing the participant
- Position held by the person endorsing the participant
- Participant Email
- Participant mobile phone
- Years of experience as a sports manager
- Academic level of the participant
- Is the candidate informed about the characteristics of the academic program and understands the work that he must do to obtain the certification?
- Passport: Attach photo of the passport identification page or an equivalent document
- CV: Half-page maximum (attach page)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
Applications must be submitted by March 8, 2023, completing the form through the link:
Once the proposed candidates have been approved, the NOCs and the Pan American Sports Confederations will receive an email with the username and password of each participant, to enter the platform and make the corresponding payment.
Monday, March 13, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. E.T. (Miami)
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.