SANTIAGO 2023 OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS SPORTS VENUES
The Pan American and Parapan American Games will be held across four regions, 19 communities and 41 sports venues. The National Stadium Sports Park will be the heart of the Games by hosting 32 of the 75 disciplines.
SANTIAGO, CHILE (June 14, 2022) — After the celebration of the 500-day countdown milestone with a Family Run in Cerrillos, the Santiago 2023 Organizing Committee officially confirms all of the sports venues for the 75 disciplines that make up the Pan American and Parapan American Games.
Chile’s sport leaders and Panam Sports President Neven Ilic made the announcement at the National Stadium that four regions, 19 communities and 41 venues will welcome the Americas’ largest sports festival.
“I am very happy to formally announce all sports and disciplines not only here in Santiago, but also in other regions. That means a lot to us, to be able to spread out the sports and these Games. I have no doubt that we will have a wonderful celebration and that we will be united as a country to receive the other countries and athletes who are going to visit us next year in the best possible way,” said Santiago 2023 President and Chilean Sports Minister, Alexandra Benado.
“We are going to arrive in the best manner with the best facilities. The challenge now is to finish the construction projects in a timely manner. Today we are still in good weather. It is not a mystery that there are venues that we must speed up the process and it will be very important that all the people who have to approve the works are committed to the Pan American Games and help us get ahead to start the work as soon as possible,” said Panam Sports President Neven Ilic.
Athletes from Team Chile, the Presidents of the Chilean Olympic and Paralympic Committees Miguel Angel Mujica and Sebastian Villavicencio and members of the media also attended the announcement.
The continent’s most important sporting event will take place from October 20 to November 5, 2023, while the Parapan American Games will take place from November 17-26. The two multisport events will combine to bring together nearly 9,000 athletes from 41 countries.
The finalized list of sports venues and their respective disciplines are below.
ALL VENUES, COMMUNITIES AND VENUES OF SANTIAGO 2023
* PP: Parapan American Games disciplines
NATIONAL STADIUM PARK
12 VENUES AND 32 DISCIPLINES
- Aquatic Center: Swimming, Diving, Artistic Swimming and Para swimming (PP)
- “Mario Recordón” Athletics Training Center: Para athletics (PP)
- National Stadium Coliseum: Athletics
- Training Center for Collective Sports: Artistic Gymnastics, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Trampoline Gymnastics and Wheelchair Rugby (PP)
- Sports center 1: Basketball and Wheelchair Basketball (PP)
- Urban Sports Esplanade: BMX Freestyle and Skateboarding
- South Courts: 3×3 Basketball, Para powerlifting (PP) and CP (cerebral palsy) soccer (PP)
- Paralympic Training Center: Fencing, Goalball (PP) and 5-a-side Football (PP)
- Field Hockey Training Center: Field Hockey
- Contact Sports Training Center: Judo, Taekwondo, Karate, Para judo (PP) and Para taekwondo (PP)
- Tennis and Racket Sports Training Center: Tennis, Squash, Racquetball and Wheelchair Tennis (PP)
- Skating rink: Speed Skating
*Note: Men’s and women’s artistic gymnastics are two separate disciplines.
CERRILLOS BICENTENNIAL PARK
3 VENUES AND 5 DISCIPLINES
- Olympic Training Center Baseball and Softball Fields (5): Baseball and Softball
- Olympic Training Center Volleyball Courts (6): Volleyball and Beach Volleyball
- Cerrillos Bicentennial Park: Sport Climbing
* Pan American and Parapan American Village location
3 VENUES AND 6 DISCIPLINES
- Velodrome: Track Cycling, Figure Skating and Para track cycling (PP)
- BMX Track: BMX Racing
- Archery Fields: Archery and Para Archery (PP)
OTHER SITES IN METROPOLITAN REGION
13 VENUES AND 20 DISCIPLINES
- Streets of Santiago: Marathon, Racewalk, Road Cycling and Para road cycling (PP)
- Lo Aguirre Shooting Range (Pudahuel): Shooting Sport and Para shooting sport (PP)
- Parque Metropolitano de Santiago (Providencia): Mountain Bike
- Military School (Las Condes): Modern Pentathlon
- Spanish Stadium (Las Condes): Basque Pelota
- Olympic Training Center (Ñuñoa): Badminton, Table Tennis, Para badminton (PP) and Para Table Tennis (PP)
- Choose Healthy Living Center (La Reina): Boxing and Wrestling
- Prince of Wales Country Club (La Reina): Golf
- Chimkowe Gym (Peñalolén): Weightlifting
- Choose Healthy Living Center (Lo Espejo): Boccia (PP)
- Bowling Center (La Florida): Bowling
- Municipal Stadium (La Pintana): Rugby 7s
- Laguna Los Morros (San Bernardo): Water Skiing and Open Water Swimming
* Note: Marathon and Racewalk are Athletics disciplines
VALPARAISO, O’HIGGINS AND BIOBIO
10 VENUES AND 12 DISCIPLINES
- Aconcagua River (Los Andes): Canoe Slalom
- San Isidro Riding School (Quillota): Equestrian – Jumping, Dressage and Eventing
- Sausalito Stadium (Viña del Mar): Men’s Football
- Sports Center Gym (Viña del Mar): Handball
- Playa El Sol (Viña del Mar): Triathlon
- “Elías Figueroa” Stadium (Valparaíso): Women’s Football
- Naval School Pool (Valparaíso): Water Polo
- Nautical Brotherhood of the Pacific (Algarrobo): Sailing
- Punta de Lobos (Pichilemu): Surfing
- Laguna Grande (San Pedro de la Paz): Canoe Sprint and Rowing
* Note: Men’s and Women’s Football are one discipline